Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Birthday Buddy

Today would have been Buddy's 17th birthday, while I'm sad that he's not here to celebrate another year. We can celebrate his life in spirit, remember all the memories we shared with him. He's also been gone from us for 6 months now.

Typically on his birthday, we give him some extra treats and the occasion milk. As he got older he started begging for more milk especially when I'm eating my cereal. Coal does the same thing, except he comes right up at my bowl and start sniffing and giving me cute eyes.

I don't know what Buddy thought as he aged over the years, I know his arthritis made it hard for him to get up on certain surfaces. So we were able to buy cat stairs for areas that he like to get up on, now he won't have to worry about falling. I know he fallen a few times because of the arthritis and we would always help him out.


What would Buddy do on his birthday, pretty much everything he does all the time. If we had decent weather he would be on the porch. Even if we didn't he would still go out on the porch but then comes back in when we ask him to. Play with one of his favorite toys or on his favorite sleeping bag.



Here's are some throwbacks of Buddy of his younger years and years in the past 6 years.







Buddy in his younger years throwbacks . . .





Losing Buddy was the hardest thing we had to go through as a family, but getting Copper and Coal truly did help ease our heartaches. They are keeping us on our toes and they are very eager to explore Buddy's Backyard soon enough.

Buddy lived his life the fullest, sure we would have wanted more time with him. However he gave us 16 and a half year of his unconditionally love and we gave him ours.

I promise I will be doing posts of A Day in Buddy's Life, I've just been very busy with my day work. So Enjoy these throwback pictures of Buddy. PS if you wonder about his collar . . . that is the only one we ever had for him even as he grew we never brought a new collar. His collar was truly one of a kind, it was a stretchable type until he got big and outgrew the collar.

Happy Birthday Baby Boy, no matter what I will still celebrate your birthday always.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and special tribute to our Beloved Buddy on the anniversary of his birth. I always love reading about him and his daily routines. The pictures and videos featured in this post are true treasures. I love the picture of Buddy laying on his back on the little wicker bench! We love you, Buddy! You are forever in our hearts. We are so glad that Copper and Coal have big brother Buddy to watch over them.

    ReplyDelete