Sunday, October 15, 2017

In loving memory . . .

This is the hardest post I had ever had to write . . .

Buddy our furbaby/our dearly beloved family member passed away Wednesday morning October 4th, 2017 in his home, we as a family have been dealing with his illness for two weeks. We were trying everything to make him better, but basically what had happen he stopped eating and drinking. We managed to get him to eat and drink after trying different medications, but still he passed away.

You can't know how heartbroken we are of this, but we're glad that it was at home and not at the expense of the vet out of his surrounding. I cried pretty much all morning along with my parents, both my mom and I had to work, but going to work was tough.

We wrapped him in his favorite blankets and walked him around the house one last time, we took him to the vet to be cremated. We knew Buddy's time would come, but we just weren't ready and no one ever is. I love him to death and miss him dearly, I have an empty void in my heart because of him.

Buddy will never be replaceable, he was our world for 16 and a half years. Now without him, we feel lost and alone. The house feel cold and empty without him, although the weather is getting colder but without him it's even colder.

My family and I are looking at adopting two kittens sooner rather than later. I always worry that it's too soon to be looking, but I believe it's part of the healing process. Buddy wouldn't want us to be coming to an empty house.


I'll keep this blog open under his name, he's the reason why I started this blog. I will use Instagram to post pictures of Buddy through the years. If I can find a way to post any of the videos I have of him, I'll share those too.

He will never be forgotten. He won't ever be replaced, he is in our hearts.





Speaking of being close to and in our hearts, one of my great friends who also adore Buddy gifted me this amazing gift. I wear it all the time, except for at night when I sleep. But this is my new routine in the morning is putting this necklace on. 




Buddy 
04/01/2001 ~ 10/04/2017

4 comments:

  1. Kat, this is the best post you could have written. Here I go crying again... What a beautiful tribute to Buddy. While we will never get over his loss, we will learn to live with it and honor his memory in the mean time. Thank you so much for allowing us to be apart of Buddy's life over the years. We all loved him more than he could ever know while on this earth. Now that he's I heaven, I think he can see what he meant to us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I <3 you so much!! You can't possibly know how much I love the necklace. Buddy is still here in spirit and in our hearts. <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that you will be keeping Buddy's memory alive through the blog and Instagram. It brightens my day to see pictures of Buddy getting into mischief or just exploring his backyard. He will be greatly missed, but not forgotten. We love you, Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just couldn't close down Buddy's Backyard because the backyard still lives. He's just watching over up above. Soon he'll need to watch over two kittens as they take their journey of exploring Buddy's Backyard.

      Delete