Wednesday, July 4, 2018

A trip to a National wildlife Refuge

So yesterday my dad and I took a trip a little down south from where we live. It was a day trip, nothing too fancy.

We went to Necedah, Wisconsin, they have a National Wildlife Refuge down there that's been around for probably 10,000 years? They are also home to butterflies, especially to an endangered specie called the Karner Blue Butterfly.

"700 species of birds, 220 species of mammals, 250 reptile and amphibian species, and more than 200 species of fish. Fifty-nine Refuges have been established with a primary purpose of conserving threatened or endangered species."

We went there in hope to see many birds that we wouldn't typically see, and I did! Although the trails or roadways that we could drive on were not meant for my car. Don't worry it's managed and survived. But a truck or even a Buggy ATV with a screen (yes we actually saw one),  I think if we had the buggy that would have made our travels much more easier.

Also don't go there on days that it's going to rain or has rain because the road are dirt roads.

  I know it's so far way but I believe it is an trumptered Swan


 A little tree frog staying shaded from the sun



 Red- headed Woodpecker!!! I am so glad to have got this photo!!! Plus a couple more.



Both of these photo above are Eastern Towhee, I think they are male and female pair. I tried to focus on one before it disappear into the foliage and then I could see movement in a different



Again really hard to tell, but these guys are Great While Pelican!!! Even Merlin ID says so!!

And I saw some red-winged Blackbirds as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment